Colin Smith has a solid industrial background spanning many industries over a period of 30 years. Originally qualifying as an electrical engineer and then specialising in telecommunications and high volume manufacturing within automotive & aerospace sectors, Colin’s career has touched on a very broad spectrum of disciplines and skills.
Key experience milestones include:
- Implementation of ISO9001, IATF16949, ISO14001, ISO45001 & AS9000 management systems for automotive supplier clients (Shin-Etsu, TPL Labels Ltd, OJI Intertech, Federal Mogul, BorgWarner Turbo Systems, Cummins, Performance Springs, Force Technology, Advanced Plastics, Icon Plastics).
- Advisor on implementation and interpretation of quality and other standards to numerous national (and international) clients.
- Responsible for establishing and managing Japanese manufacturing facility in the UK. Achieved QS-9000 (pre-cursor to TS16949) registration for entire group (sites in Japan, UK, Germany, Italy & France) within 12 month target deadline.
- 22 Year career with BT, including appointments at national level for Project Management of major capital projects, planning & implementing ISO9001 nationally with Building Services Division and development/implementation of Project Offices within Trunk Networks.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies
- NEBSM Level IV Certificate in Management
- HNC in Electrical Engineering
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Certificate in Adult Education Lecturing
- IRCA Certificated QMS2008 Lead Auditor
- IATF16949 Certificated Auditor (SMMT)
- Associate CQI
Several Associates work with and for Smith Consultants Ltd nationally. These Associates have wide and varied experience within several industry sectors (such as automotive, warehousing & distribution, construction, professional services, service sector, financial services etc) and disciplines, covering environment, health & safety, human resource management, Information Security, FCA, data protection etc.